Center for the Army Profession and Leadership
Privacy and Security Notice
- CAPL Web Site is provided as a public service.
- Information presented on the CAPL Web Site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits are requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes only. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance of problem areas.
- For site security purposes, and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Cookie Disclaimer : The CAPL web site does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). This site may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. CAPL DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies. You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly and clicking on the banners will not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
- The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by CAPL of the Web site, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the US Army does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of the Web site. Please let us know about existing external links which you believe are inappropriate and about specific additional external links which you believe ought to be included.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please send an e-mail to the CAPL.